Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Was Cnauir gay? posted 12 December 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtWas Cnauir gay? by butlersr, Candidate

It's just that I interpreted the bulk of Cnauir's internal struggle as having to do with feeling attracted to Kellhus through mixing up feelings for his father. And I do think it's important to understand some of the reasons why "his prize" (aka his "proof") is so important to him. In my opinion she's his beard. I mean he's definitely the most conflicted character in the novels. I think that sexual confusion would account for that conflict based on the information given. But many other people seem to think sexual confusion to be doubtfull in his case or if it is recognized, just a smaller internal conflict. I'm saying it is the conflict and the reason why Cnauir does almost everything he does.
And being secretly gay in not an accusation. No crime or charge. It's just that whatever's repressed inside you will alway leak out here and there. Nothing causes one to spring sudden leaks like a novel. If someone can help me to account to the amount of homoeroticism dripping off the pages I'd be happy to withdraw the idea completely. But what I see is not just the recognition of homoeroticism in many of the character's dynamics, I see an emphasis on it as if it is of particular interest to the author. It's not like it matters if the author is gay or not. It's just that what I've noticed is unusual and I'm wondering about what could account for it. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown