Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

What about akka and esme. posted 11 November 2005 in The Warrior ProphetWhat about akka and esme. by anor277, Didact

@shockwave, I wish I'd said "who am I to cast the first stone" before Jesus Christ but I am 2000 year too late (PS I am by no means a god botherer).

As to what Kellhus gave Esmenet that Achamian never could, I do acknowledge what Kellhus gives with one hand he may take away with the other, in other words it may all end in bloody tears for Esmenet (it might end in even much worse, cf Serwe). I suppose I mean that Kellhus made Esmenet confront and accept the enormous “sin” she committed in selling her daughter. Somehow he managed to make her forgive herself. Achamian, who certainly knew of Esmenet’s daughter could not bring himself to speak of it, it was unspeakable, nor could Esmenet – without Kellhus the enormity of this crime was likely to follow her to the grave, the one sin for which there could be no forgiveness. Of course this sin had been repeated many times by other parents across the Three Seas (cf Serwe again), but the banality of an evil deed does not make it any less evil, nor is it any less easy to confront. Kellhus "gift" (and I certainly think it was a gift whatever his motives and whatever the consequences) dwarfs (dwarves?) her current position among Kellhus' acolytes. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown