Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Khellus and transhumanism posted 08 November 2005 in Author Q & AKhellus and transhumanism by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

There's parallels, certainly, but the issues which I take to be central to transhumanism (as I understand it) are actually more front and centre in Neuropath.

Though I know that transhumanists pride themselves on their secularism, I have to say that it smacks of religion to me. And when it comes to 'wireheading,' it gets out and out scary. Put it this way: if Kellhus is an example of our transhumanist future, we are in deep doo-doo.

For me to really understand the position, I think I would need to know how it is that transhumanists overcome meaning skepticism (while still maintaining their commitment to the sciences), and what the basis for their developmental optimism is. It seems plain to me that the more we Discover, the less Human Creation becomes. In other words, it seems that there's a deep contradiction in the central categories of transhumanism.

But I really don't all that much about the position. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown