Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Like father like son? posted 25 September 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtLike father like son? by Scariot, Commoner

I just wanted to throw this out there concerning the Consult's war with the Cishaurim.

So far, it seems the Consult's main and ultimate goal is to resurrect the No-God, and bring about the second apocalypse. Also, while we have learned precious little about them, it seems that they are trying to use to holy war to crush the Cishaurim and somehow further their own objectives. The roles of Anasûrimbor Moënghus and his son Anasûrimbor Kellhus, in this situation seem to be vague at best.

From what I've read, it looks like Moënghus' goal at hand is bringing his son to him. I think that it's very unlikely that Kellhus' summoning from Ishual just so happened to occur at the same time the holy war was proclaimed. Knowing of Kellhus' Dunyain training, Moënghus most likely intended for his sons' domination of the holy war.

So to sum up my earlier points, I think that Moënghus has summoned his son, 'The Harbringer of the Second Apocalypse' to him, to dominate the threat of the holy war and bring an nearly unstoppable army to his doorstep.

But, this still doesn't touch on the Consult's reasoning for war on the Cishaurim and conversly with Moënghus. The Consult would only wage war if they thought that Moënghus could somehow endanger their plans for the resurrection of the No-God. Throughout tDtCB and tWP, the Heron Spear has been mentioned several times. This weapon, which has supposedly been lost (at least to the Mandate), is the bane and only defense to the horror that is Mog-Phauru (sp?). So, put these points together and you come to one conclusion, the Heron Spear, The consult's greatest fear is in the hands of an Anasûrimbor, soon to be united with his son, the Warrior-Prohpet.

Other than that, I haven't guessed much concerning what will happen during tTT. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown