Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The Destruction of the Dunyain posted 01 September 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtThe Destruction of the Dunyain by White Lord, Subdidact

Quote: "Mithfânion":3e6titui
I think the idea of The Dunyain siding with anyone from the outside world needs to be revised. They live in total isolation and to do so is one of their main goals. Just the fact that someone from the outside contacts them through dreams is enough to take their life. I do not see a scenario in which Kellhus has access to various Dunyain to sniff out skin spies all over the place, because that is not what they do. If they are to ally with anyone, may that be Kellhus, the Cunuroi or simply the Men of the North, their very nature and beliefs would have to change completely.[/quote:3e6titui]

Yes, but do the Dunyain strike you as monomaniacs? If their environment changes (most probably in a forced intervention from outside) do you see them not changing, adapting? All you have to do is compare how Moenghus and Kellhus have fared in the outside world. They certainly didn't turn into morons or kill themselves.

I can give you the argument that, as long as they are isolated, they will stay put. But I don't think we can count on someone from the outside not interfering with them. And if that interference is more than they can cope with, that forces them to even abandon Ishual, then it is more than possible for them to try to safeguard themselves with an alliance with someone from the outside. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown