Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Should Kellhus learn the Gnosis? posted 19 August 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtShould Kellhus learn the Gnosis? by Mithfânion, Didact

I see it as follows:

The great danger of Kellhus learning the Gnosis and the primary reason for why he shouldn't do it, is indeed because it makes him far more vulnerable than he is right now. Given his gifts and abilities, you'd expect someone to be secure as he is. However.......

Learning the Gnosis will become a necessity if Kellhus is in fact the one who will be largely responsible for taking on the Consult, Inchoroi and Mog Pharau included. There comes a point when simply being Dunyian will not suffice. As Achamian says, if Kellhus were to learn the Gnosis, with his intellect he would be "more than Seswatha" arguably the greatest of the Mandati. If the No God etc were not on the scene, then Kellhus might be better off leaving sorcery for what it is...

I'm sure the people of the Three Seas would come to see the value of the sorcerors when The Second Apocalypse manifests itself.

Yet even then, Kellhus would still be vulnerable to chorae, very vulnerable. I don't think this is something that is even remotely acceptable to Kellhus, so I think we can expect him to work around that, in ways yet to be revealed. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown