Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Cnaiur's prowess posted 07 August 2005 in Author Q & ACnaiur's prowess by Mithfânion, Didact

WL,

Correct me if I'm wrong but from your posts I get the impression that you underrate Cnaiur somewhat. I'm not saying there aren't any men from Zeum or the Three Seas that can't defeat him in single combat, I am however saying that I think the number of men who would be able to do that seem very limited to me.

Outside of the obvious, like a Nonman warrior or Kellhus ( a prodigy even among the Dunyain) there are few I can think of. That's not because of an innate desire to equate the known characters with the strongest characters, as you suggest, but because Cnaiur is the most powerful and most skilled warrior of his race. Which is to say that he is the greatest warrior of a race in which men are born and bred for war, in fact they are the very People of War. That Cnaiur would be the most accomplished warrior there would mean that there are very few (if any at all) who might outdo him one-on-one, considering the less martial, more pampered nature of the Southern nations.

I'd love to know more about Zeum though.

On the question of why Nonmen don't last long, some insight from Scott would indeed be appreciated. If I had to speculate, the first and only thing that comes to mind is that of Nonmen, there are few, and when they venture into hostile lands alone, they will suffer the same fate as others, regardless of their skills. I imagine even they might be taken unawares at some point. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown