Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The importance of being Kellhus posted 13 June 2005 in Author Q & AThe importance of being Kellhus by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

I have greatly enjoyed the series so far, what really struck me is that for all his manipulations and "cruelty" I found that Kellhus was the only character who does not seem to doubt or question himself. He does not seem to regret only calculate. In truth this made me feel like I didn't doubt his actions and motivations, that he could be used as a measure for other men.

Kelhus is a pretty deep rabbit-hole. I'm disinclined to 'explain him' because I feel like a cheeseball offering my own interpretations - that, and I'm also afraid some might take them as canonical (when the sad fact is that I lost control of the book's 'meaning' a long, long time ago). I will say, though, that the single biggest problem that arose in the first draft of TWP was that too many of my readers were falling for Kellhus. Most of K's POV sections were inserted by me after the fact, just to remind everyone that the wheels were still turning.

I wanted him to be crafty, but not that bloody crafty! view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown