Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The conditioning of Kellhus posted 31 March 2004 in Author Q & AThe conditioning of Kellhus by Replay, Auditor

Yes, i can understand how you'd be concerned with that. I have been working on the idea for a series over the past couple of years (its about all layed out, i just dont have the skills to write it yet), and have come across a similar problem. It has a character who, much like Kellhus, has spent years training himself and has come to certain understandings, yet has misunderstood some vital points. The question becomes how to make that misunderstanding believable (as once a person reaches a certain point in self examination, it is almost impossible for them to act in certain ways).

I think that i may have worked that out for the most part, but have taken some liberties with it. After all, its is a fantasy book.

p.s. Forgot to mention it before, but congratulations on such a great first book. I don't read all that much fantasy, but when i do i like it to be of very high quality, and the TDTCB certainly has that. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown