Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Orson Scott Card and Homosexual Marriage posted 02 June 2005 in Philosophy DiscussionOrson Scott Card and Homosexual Marriage by Kidruhil Lancer, Auditor

Being a christian, my opinion on this matter is obviously black and white.

Everyone already knows the judeo-christian stance on gay marriage and so forth, so I won't bother with the doctrine. My personal opinion on the matter however... is that if they want to get married let them get married. The only thing I have a problem with is ministers who agree to marry a gay couple or performing such a marriage in a church. For the simple reason that... without question... the Bible clearly says that homosexuality is a sin.

Now, before you all start grabbing your pitchforks... that doesn't mean that people who make that choice for their lifestyle aren't human, or that christians hate them. And if anyone is of that opinion, you've obviously seriously misunderstood a fundamental truth about christianity. Either that or... as so commonly happens.... you've allowed yourself to believe that all christians are this way because of the actions of the most vocal among us.

But either way... my answer is the same. I don't see why they shouldn't get married... but getting married in a church or having a minister say "by the power invested in me by God.." just wouldn't be right.

Which... I don't see why that should bother homosexual couples anyway. Why would you want to get married according to the practices of a religious institution that considers what your doing to be a sin? view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown