Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Orson Scott Card and Homosexual Marriage posted 02 June 2005 in Philosophy DiscussionOrson Scott Card and Homosexual Marriage by SymeonHaecceity, Peralogue

So it is a flat lie to say that homosexuals are deprived of any civil right pertaining to marriage. To get those civil rights, all homosexuals have to do is find someone of the opposite sex willing to join them in marriage.

Which is a little like saying "I don't care if Black people marry, so long as they only marry other Black people. Where's the civil rights issue?"

In Iran, people whom the ayatollahs don't approve of are barred from running for office or taking part in public discussion. The ayatollahs have the right to impose their ideas on the whole nation because they're really really really sure that they are correct about everything. All their friends agree with them, and anybody who disagrees with them is obviously evil or stupid.

And of course ayatollah's have very liberal stances on homosexuality.

I'm sorry to say, but the "it's always been this way" has to be one of the weakest arguments against gay marriage I can imagine. Or anything else, for that matter. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown