Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

I am a devout follower of Kellhus posted 10 September 2009 in The Judging EyeI am a devout follower of Kellhus by Riardd Ambrosius, Commoner

I am cognizant of the fact that Anasurimbor Kellhus may be a false prophet, but I simply cannot help myself. Ever since being introduced to him in "The Darkness That Comes Before," he has held me spellbound, seduced. So much in fact do I idolize him, that I know if I was following him to Golgotterath, I would gladly die for him. Or should I say Him? Again, I don't care if he is a madman, an anti-christ of sorts. It's just very strange of me, I realize, to be so captivated by a man such as this who not only exerts power over the characters in the world of Earwa, but the reader as well. I know some cannot stand Kellhus, but for me, I just cannot resist him, and I find myself rooting for him, no matter what so-called "atrocities" he may have committed. It's very strange. I have read a lot of fantasy, and this is genuinely the first character *who may be evil* that I have actually looked up to. His charisma, charm, leadership qualities I have actually tried to practice in real life from time to time. I have actually learned and applied his principles (or should i say Bakker's) to my everyday conduct, and even the "manipulation techniques" have actually bore good fruit. I have learned much more about human behavior, and have come to appreciate people on a whole new level. It's very strange, it's very surreal, and it's very good, as I cannot but give thanks to this wonderful character Scott has created. Kudos! view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown