Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Zeitgeist posted 23 June 2009 in Philosophy DiscussionZeitgeist by CnaiĆ¼r, Peralogue

Quote: "avatar_of_existence":2ujrtgy3
Are you a Christian Cnaiur? I'm not gonna judge or be all preachy if you are, my best friends are all christians and I wish I could believe too. Just curious.
[/quote:2ujrtgy3]

Yes, I consider myself of Christian faith, with an open mind towards new (old) age/spirituality. I consider Jesus to be an extraordinary man, who had some incredibly profound lessons to teach us: peace and kindness, love and forgiveness, and gratitude, with a specific focus on gratitude and forgiveness. I can only speak for myself here, so I will... I believe intensely that these lessons Jesus taught people to live by are the best and most appropriate ways to live/be if you wish to spiritually evolve in the whole cosmic scope of life. Otherwise, you're just going to come back to this level/stage/dimension of life to try all over again.

I find myself being insulted when others try to debunk Jesus as a figment of the imagination, especially when the debunking is being propagated on a large scale, like movies and documentaries. By instilling this into people's minds people will most likely turn a blind eye to Jesus, thereby, never allowing themselves the opportunity to learn about who he was nor the lessons he taught. With Zeitgeist, that subversive idiot tried to debunk Jesus by comparing him to the Egyptian legend of Horus. Almost every point he made to compare the two was false. Just this alone classifies Zeitgeist as a movie (fiction), not a documentary (non-fiction).
I've noticed throughout all my life that there have been numerous attempts, methods, agendas to debunk and/or pervert Jesus. Unfortunately, people are falling for it. Its a shame when someone states Jesus is a fraud or a cool guy and so on, yet, they've never opened up the New Testament, let alone read the four Gospels. Truly, people really are missing out on incredible lessons in those four books, lessons your local magazine stand or tell-a-vision box, even your local book store, don't teach.

Just to digress a bit... Terry Goodkind wrote an eleven book series called the Sword of Truth series. The first book is titled Wizard's First Rule. Each book reveals a Wizard's Rule. The Wizard's First Rule is this:

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid. they will believe a lie because they want to believe its true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

"People need an enemy to feel a sense of purpose. Its easy to lead people when they have a sense of purpose. Sense of purpose is more important by far than the truth. In fact, truth has no bearing in this. People are stupid, they want to believe, so they do."

Its obvious to me, with the political situations across this planet, and with movies and documentaries such as Zeitgeist, that this rule is being applied, and people are falling for it. I will even admit that I could very well be one of those people. There's a good saying (I forget who coined it): "The lie is different at every level."

That's it for now. Somebody gave me a copy of Religulous to watch. I have yet to, because, fortunately for me, Bill has been on my shitlist for years, so I expect nothing more than garbage from him, and I don't want to waste my time watching garbage. Thanks luciferi for clarifying the obvious expectation from Bill. I hope others who watch that garbage can also see it for what it is, and more importantly, see Bill Maher for the distortion he is. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown