Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The eye in the Pick's heart *spoilers* posted 16 March 2009 in The Judging EyeThe eye in the Pick's heart *spoilers* by srancchieftan, Candidate

Akkamian explains this to Mimara when he says

"The boundaries between the world and the outside are like those between waking and sleep, reason and madness. Wherever the World slumbers or goes mad, the boundaries break down, and the outside leaks through..."
"This place is a topos, like I already said. We literally walk the verge of Hell"

I think that the bloody pick got too close to that black stuff that was engulfing everything in the end. Maybe Gammarah got sucked into the portal and thats how her hand got severed. The bloody pick describes the black stuff,

"It wraps like a shroud it keeps the blackness in."

this is the same stuff that the skin eaters encountered later. At first I thought that the bloody pick was talking about darkness and that he had encountered sranc, after the end of the book I realized he was talking about the portal. The eye in his heart was triggered by hell leaking into the world. Just like the plains of Mengedda when bones came up out of the ground. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown