Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Dunyain machinations posted 03 March 2009 in The Judging EyeDunyain machinations by Curethan, Didact

Interesting ideas. I have speculated similarly on this in the TTT sub-forum quite some time ago.

The idea that the dunyain are ignorant of the world beyond ishual is tied what we know of them, which comes almost exclusively from what Kellhus reminisces. They took pains to remove all sorcerous references from the retreat when they first arrived, to prepare conditioned ground for those that would be trained. Personally, I think that only the majority of dunyain are subjected to such ignorance. Obviously there are levels of initiations and secret knowledge - levels to which Kellhus and even Moenghus were not privy. The pragmas, and any ultimate "leader" beyond them would be the soul that chooses the dunyain's path.

From this it seems resonable to assume (for the purposes of speculation) the possibilty that the dunyain may idea have some machinations relating to the 2nd apocolypse, even if it only included their own survival.

Consider the type of sure, multifaceted and precise actions that Kellhus and Moenghus make to master circumstance. And recall the dunyain leaders' words upon discovering the last Anasurimbor when they reached Ishual in the PoN prologue. "A fortuitous correspondence of cause."

Now. Why was Moenghus, father of the heir to the Anasurimbor, exiled into the three seas? Because sranc had come to close to Ishual.

Do you think the pragma/s knew something Moenghus and Kellhus don't?

Anyway, I was intrigued greatly by Akka's new dreams of Seswatha. It seems that the only people who knew Ishual's location were Seswatha and the king...
It seems strange to me that the dreams don't seem to include Seswatha's death.
*Draws a line from Seswatha to Ishual and to the dunyain.*

Heh, just my 2cents.

PS I'm sure Baker talked about more dunyain, including a female dunyain too? I can't recall clearly. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown