Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Dunyain machinations posted 03 March 2009 in The Judging EyeDunyain machinations by Athjeari, Peralogue

Is it not true that Kellhus has been totally conditioned his entire life? Who is conditioning him though? Who is making the decisions for the Dunyain (or who is in control, leading, or dominating them)? How is having Kellhus running around in Earwa any less dangerous to their seclusion than it was when Moenghus was alive?
Moenghus was sent out to see if a Sranc party that got too close to Ishual was aware of them. What if this was the Dunyains way to begin their interaction with Earwa on a larger scale? Dunyain are prepared to condition themselves over 2000 years, it seems perfectly plausible that they would take lifetimes to effectively engage society.

Could it not be argued that the Dunyain know of the Consult, or at least the first Apocalypse? Were the Dunyain not refugees from the first Apocalypse, and we know that this information was taught to Kellhus because he interrupts his Pragma during the training exercise to control the Legion by saying as much.

Dunyain logic seems so funny to me because they are taught to dominate. What happens within Ishual where everyone would be Dunyain and trying to dominate circumstance?
In my opinion the Dunyain have to play a larger role within the series; I would be sorely disappointed if they didn't. I thought I remember reading somewhere that Bakker said more Dunyain would be involved in the later installments, but if I am wrong someone please correct me. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown