Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Spoiler: Kelmonas' Voice posted 23 February 2009 in The Judging EyeSpoiler: Kelmonas' Voice by anor277, Didact

Quote: "Mithfânion":n6715pcq
...............................................................................................................................................
3) Kelmomas is a skin spy. Yes, a construct actually born of Esmenet, but still a skin spy. In corroboartion of this I made a link between Kelmomas killing Sharacinth and Maithanet consequently saying this might well have been the work of a skin spy. Maithanet never says things lightly, and usually he is correct. This is not proof of course that Kelmomas is a new sort of skin spy, but he might be.

.......................[/quote:n6715pcq]

The mechanics of the Consult getting Kellhus and Esmenet to conceive and deliver skin spy reminds me of John Varley's classic Titan series of novels, which I read a long time ago. In Titan a heavenly body (i.e. a large, animate satellite, which may also have been a god, and on which lived several genetically engineered races) managed to conceal a spy in the actual body of the female protagonist (she was an astronaut who was leading a bloody rebellion against the heavenly body; the pint size spy was also male, which gave the female rebel some concern).

Anyway, the idea of Kelmomas as a skin spy or Consult artefact is a bit far-fetched. Kelmomas is clearly a sociopath (even given the standards of the Three Seas), and it is quite arguable that the voice he hears is part of his disorder. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown