Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Chorae (SPOILERS!!!!) posted 29 January 2009 in The Judging EyeChorae (SPOILERS!!!!) by Entropic_existence, Moderator

Quote: "Curethan":3u6u9y2i
Well, you know - the damned couldn't aprehend it as holy cuz they're, well, damned eh? So I guess that could be the contradiction involved in aporetic sorcery. The creation of something holy with sorcery?

God's tears.... heh, cool.

But I don't think Mimara warded so much as placated. "Who guards the gates?" That whole last scene was pretty awesome, I think I shall reread it.[/quote:3u6u9y2i]

Yes the whole thing about the "Gates being unguarded" I thought was rather interesting. As always with Scott I suspect some deeper subtect going on there. And indeed perhaps the Damned can't perceive the Chorae as holy because they are Damned BUT remember that the Thousand Temples has always employed that order composed of the Few who were not sorcerors. So I suspect that Mimara did something extraordinary in her perusal of the Chorae. She did after all, manage to fight through it's contradiction to "the other side." view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown