Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The metaphysics of Eärwa - some thoughts posted 25 November 2008 in The Thousandfold ThoughtThe metaphysics of Eärwa - some thoughts by Thorsten, Candidate

The engine doesn't recognize the word enthymeme, or even demos. I'm not saying that the entire Perseus Engine is no good, but I would check the defintions with other sources because I found to many words that were defined differently to me.

Well, possibly you searched for 'demos' but you should have searched for 'dhmos' because it's written with an eta rather than an epsilon - then you get a result. It's a bit tricky, it doesn't do spelling corrections. Actually, Perseus is a meta-search engine, the actual text (e.g. the definitions of demos) is from

Henry George Liddell. Robert Scott. A Greek-English Lexicon. revised and augmented throughout by. Sir Henry Stuart Jones. with the assistance of. Roderick McKenzie. Oxford. Clarendon Press. 1940.
ISBN: 0198642261

and in addition you do get pleny of text references to where to find it in the originals. So I guess one would rather be well off using it. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown