Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Who would you cast in a Prince of Nothing movie? posted 08 June 2008 in General DiscusssionWho would you cast in a Prince of Nothing movie? by Athjeari, Peralogue

I'm confused. A lot of people seem to picture Akka as black. Where do you get this from in the descriptions from the books. If anything I have always pictured Akka as a Greek/Phoenician. I'm not opposed to the idea of a black Akka, it's just that I don't remember ever reading anything that hinted at Akka being that dark of skin.

I have always had trouble picturing Cnaiur. So many things about him make me picture Euro/Asian barbarains - i.e. Gauls, Germanic tribes, even Huns etc. etc.
At the same time I also feel that picturing him as a Native American would also fit. The sinewed look, the long black straight hair, the Scylvendi lifestyle itself.

What ethnicity do you all imagine for Cnaiur???

I have always pictured Proyas, Saubon and the others quite young. Most of the royalty are not rulers of their respected territories yet. They are still princes. I've never imagined most of them a day older than 30. So I would say it needs to be young actors.

Kellhus would be the HARDEST character to cast. He is taller than most men. He has long blonde hair (I believe it's wavy too), blue eyes and is in peak physical condition(remember he holds Cnaiur over a cliff with ONE ARM!). He has a beard and is from the north. Nordic characteristics if you ask me, he sounds like a menacing nord but yet with a body type that screams agility. That body type is hard to come by, plus he has to be beautiful. Not to mention he has to have a voice that can melt people where they stand.

Esmi I have always pictured as someone far more....elegant?? than Monica Belucci. Don't get me wrong, Belucci is good looking but Esmi has always seemed to have more class to me, even when she was a whore in Sumna. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown