Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

What Comes Before Determines What Comes After... posted 03 June 2008 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]What Comes Before Determines What Comes After... by Athjeari, Peralogue

Could concept, and I have thought about this as well. The stories are quite paralled, so much so that it's hard not to think about it.
I think that Bakker paralled them for a reason, either to support the Dunyain philosophy, or turn it on it's head.
Only time can tell

This might have already been discussed on this board but forgive me I'm new.

I had always wondered why Kellhus was the Harbinger. If you look at the facts Moenghus was back in civilization first. He was the first Anasurimbor to return. Should he not be seen as the Harbinger? And one thing that I always wondered about the Celmomas prophecy was where does it ever say that an Anasurimbor will defeat the second Apocalypse? He merely says that a decendant of his will return at the end of the world.

I also feel that the Mandate is assuming this means that an Anasurimbor will save the world but it might not be so. I think it might be safe to argue that Seswatha had more influence in stopping the first apocalypse than an Anasurimbor. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown