Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

livin n dyin in TTT posted 30 April 2005 in The Thousandfold Thoughtlivin n dyin in TTT by Atanvarno, Peralogue

Aye, I'd never really considered that the Consult might have access to sorcery (be it Gnostic or ortherwise), and assumed they had the Tekne alone. In this I may be wrong, and probably am considering the resources of the Consult.

However, this does make me wonder, unlike men the Consult may actually understand how the chorae work, thier metaphysics, etc. which then begs the question, have the worked out a way to block them? All pure speculation of course, but a possibility none the less.

Also, on an off topic point. If men possess so few trinkets, then why have chorae bowmen? This always bugged me: a chorae is such a precious item, that cannot be replaced, and jealously guraded by the nobility. Indeed, the gift of several chorae to the Scarlet Spires was enough to make them sit up and take serious notice. Yet these things are fashioned into arrows, and fired away (yes, to great affect), yet retrieving an arrow is a difficult task, it always seemed such a waste, unsustainable in fact.

Say if there were as many as ten thousand chorae in the hands of men (which I highly doubt, if it's ten times fewer I'd still be surprised), take two thousand years of wars after the Apocalypse in which chorae bowmen are used... the damn things would run out at some point. Perhaps I should ask Scott. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown