Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Do you believe a God exists? posted 05 April 2005 in Philosophy DiscussionDo you believe a God exists? by Randal, Auditor

Nope. I don't believe in a god, I don't believe in afterlife, I don't believe there's a purpose or meaning to life. (That is, no externally imposed one. Make your own purpose if you will.) I don't believe in supernatural forces, psychic powers, spirituality, homeopathy, the lot. Never have, and I strongly doubt I ever will. (Barring reliable scientific evidence indicating the existence of these phenomena.)

That would make me an atheist. A third-generation one, at that. So I haven't had much to do with religion at all in my life. The subject does interest me on an intellectual level, though, probably because it's quite alien to me.

As for things I do believe in, I rather like the philosophy of existentialism, but I haven't studied it enough to commit myself.

Never heard of those "Left Hand Path" people, but that most definitely is not what I see as existentialism. Worshipping oneself as a god sounds rather pointless to me. (But then, most religions do.) view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown