Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Gay marriage: for or against its legalization in the US? posted 04 April 2005 in Off-Topic DiscussionGay marriage: for or against its legalization in the US? by Echoex, Auditor

Oh, I agree with you (to a point). I certainly don't believe that allowing same-sex marriage will cause any significant snags in our moral fabric. I'm a 'worst-case scenerio' kind of guy and approach each situation as such.

You're from the United States. I'm amused that you're not a little more gun-shy on this topic, considering the United States' history of abuse of its own Bill of Rights. Perhaps if someone had played the devil's advocate on that fateful September 25th, 1789, there would have been a 13th Amendment that would have went something like:
"No man or woman, having spilled a hot beverage on him or herself by his or her own stupidity, shall place blame for that stupidity on the establishment where which that beverage was purchased..."

Or perhaps:
"No persons who have knowingly eaten too much fast food and grown obese as a result, may charge another human being for his or her own lack of restraint. Instead, that person must 'suck it up' and take responsibility for his or her inability to function in a logical society."

The moral of this story is that the most extreme and seemingly unbelievable results come from the slightest of decisions. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown