Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Excellent pointers to promote TTT posted 12 March 2005 in Author Q & AExcellent pointers to promote TTT by gyrehead, Candidate

Thanks for moving this to where Scott actually peeks on occasion! I think the one aspect I failed to point out was that there seem to be a few folks here who would have no problem touting whatever is done.

Perhaps the once a week is a bit much. But it could be done with a specific timeframe in mind. Ten weeks before the release is ten things Scott could set aside and release one at a time. Ten things that might stimulate discussion or reveal something that the books don't. Without reading TTT none of us really can define that in any way. But Scott might have some ideas. Even if it was a new map, a drawing, a genealogy or a glossary entry. The trick is to get people to come back to the site again and again. I think there are likely quite a few fans who stop in. but may do so erratically or due to the nature of the discussions do so once and not return.

Or it could be once a month even. Make it erratic enough to keep us on our toes and add to the excitement and buzz. Everytime George R. R. Martin blows his nose online, it floods message boards and newgroups.

I do like the idea of a novella though. I would definitely put you in Legends III if I had a say. But unfortunately, there is not a lot you can do about that, I would imagine.

Still a short stand alone story posted here would work. I know that is not the easiest thing but some of the ones I have seen on other authors' sites are not even as long as those posted in published anthologies. And some of the ones I have seen in published anthologies are a matter of two or three pages.

I would never presume to tell or even recommend what to write. Mainly because I would be happy with anything. But also because my head just hurts having to pick out just one thing I would want over anything else. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown