Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Moenghus as Harbinger posted 18 February 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMoenghus as Harbinger by White Lord, Subdidact

Quote: "Andrew":ddzbcirm
I don't agree with the point about Kellus' son being of great importance with respect to the prophecy or the victory over the consult - kellus is only 40 something. I'm sure that genetically he is a superior individual so he can reasonably remain vigorous and powerful well into his 60's or 70's - recall that the Pragma's who trained Kellus were old.
I think you'd need someone at the height of their powers to take on the No-God/Consult/whoever else - not some 20 yr old pup who lacked the benefit of a Dunyain upbringing. In 20 years Kellus will have mastered the Gnosis plus who knows what other magic and he'll have an empire to lead into war and he'll have his regular dunyain skills. What will his son have?[/quote:ddzbcirm]

Well, that's as may be . . . I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm not really sure if Kellhus's son (or daughter) will be instrumental in winning over the Consult. Still, you'll grant it is significant that both Cnaiur and Kellhus have or are about to have offspring.

I see Kellhus and Cnaiur as the main characters, at least in regard to fighting the Consult. I think we can go along with Proyas in thinking that Cnaiur may be as important a figure as Kellhus himself. So them having sons is to me an important detail for the future storyline.

As far as training goes, I put a question about Dunyain training (and if it could be done outside of Ishual and among grown-up world-born men) to Scott and while he didn't answer he said it was important for the future storyline.

Also bear in mind that both Moenghus and Kellhus are already training their followers in the way of the Logos.

Since I expect Kellhus's son to have all the innate genetic advantages of his father, and also Dunyain training, he could well be a thorn in the side of the Consult.

I'd also remind you of the real-world example of Alexander the Great, or in Earwa of Ikurei Conphas who has won many important battles in his early twenties (I judge him to be in his late twenties when he wins at Kiyuth).

All that said I think we can easily assume that Kellhus's son will be an important player in the tale of the Second Apocalypse. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown