Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Cnair posted 15 February 2005 in The Thousandfold ThoughtCnair by RevCasy, Candidate

the only good is innocence. Serwe is good. With knowledge comes competition, desire, and evil. Ikurei Conphas is evil.

I disagree with that definition of good and evil. First of all, you seem to be equating innocence with ignorance. I don't think they are one and the same, though they sometimes go together.

Secondly, I don't think desire comes with knowledge. Babies, for example, are ignorant (and innocent) but they are also supremely selfish and they definitely have desires.

Thirdly, I don't think knowledge of the world, desires for various things, or a competitive nature makes one evil. It *can* be argued that Ikurei Conphas is evil, but I don't think it is for those reasons. Also, though you say Serwe was innocent and good, she *did* have desires, very strong ones. Another example, Mahatma Gandhi had a great deal of knowledge of the world (enough that he figured out how to drive the British Empire out of India), but I wouldn't say that he was evil.

It is how a person uses their knowledge, how they treat their desires, and how they manifests a competitive nature (among other things) that makes that person good or evil. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown