Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

A few questions . . . posted 23 January 2005 in Author Q & AA few questions . . . by lfex, Peralogue

Well, Mr. Bakker, you already answered most questions I wanted to ask - especially those about sorceresses and other continents. Actually, I expected something like that. Usually magic is considered the great equalizer - since women usually aren't as good at fighting as men, but there is no reason why the shouldn't be as good at magic. Steven Erikson said something like this in one of interviews. Nevertheless your magic system with the schools and ruthless suppression of illegitimate wizards seems designed especially with thought of keeping women out of magic. You said that this issue will play a part in the second series - I can't wait for it!

The one question I want to ask are the obvious similarities between Kellhus and Jesus. Did you introduce them just to provoke some people or will they play some role in the latter volumes? I am an agnostic myself, so it doesn't bother me at all, buti t may cost you some readers - especially here in Poland.

BTW, Polish edition od TDTCB should be out this spring. I wonder how it will be received. I am not very optimistic, since the publisher doesn't seem to be doing anything to promote it, but OTOH they still have time. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown