Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Moenghus as Harbinger posted 01 December 2004 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMoenghus as Harbinger by Conphas, Commoner

Just some idle speculation...

We already know that the Consult is using the Holy War to destroy the Cishaurim. It is also widely agreed that Moenghus is one of the leaders of the Cishaurim and that he has had 30 years to entrench himself in the Three Seas.

This brings me to my main idea regarding the Celmomian Prophecy. There already was an Anasurimbor in the Three Seas region 30 years before Kellhus showed up! Achamian doesn't know this and so much of the books' focus (through Akka) is on Kellhus as the Harbinger, and thus the reader's focus is also on this as well.

But I don't think there is any way that an author as sophisticated as Bakker would leave this to chance. With how important the Celmomian Prophecy appears to be, would he really intend Kellhus as the Harbinger when his father has technically, already fulfilled the Prophecy?

That leaves a big question regarding Kellhus' role in the series though. What role will he play in the coming Apocalypse? Could he be the avatar of Mog-Pharau himself?

Anyway, I think Moenghus is the Harbinger and Kellhus' role is yet to be defined. We really don't even know what his intentions are when it comes to finally standing face to face with his father.

Or then again, maybe I'm stating the blatantly obvious...what do ya'll think? view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown