Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Serious TTT thoughts, predictions, ideas... posted 25 November 2004 in The Thousandfold ThoughtSerious TTT thoughts, predictions, ideas... by anor277, Didact

Just read something that may be of relevance to the “thousand fold thought” (TDTCB, trade paperback, p 515, Chapter 17). It occurs at the first council of the great names at the emperor’s court when Kellhus appraises the other princes and leaders (i.e. Gothyelk, Saubon, Chepheramunni – masked on this occasion so he can’t be identified as a skin spy). Kellhus observes that individually each prince would be as easy to possess as any world born man, but concludes that in “their sum, they were incalculable. They were a labyrinth, a thousand thousand halls, and he had to pass through them”.

Of course I’m out by a couple of orders of magnitude, but is his possession of the holy war the means to move (to pass through) a mass of men with conflicting desires and emotions? I would have hoped that the thousand fold thought included pity and compassion, but if the passage quoted above foreshadows the TTT, then it is just another means to further Kellhus’ mission. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown