Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Is the idea of a "god" inherent in our minds? posted 07 September 2004 in Philosophy DiscussionIs the idea of a "god" inherent in our minds? by AjDeath, Didact

Quote: "Cu'jara Cinmoi":sir4s5f1
I do not see that our minds are predisposed to believe in a God.

It's not that we're predisposed to believe in God, it's that we're predisposed to comprehend the world in intentional (purposive and normative) terms. This is just a fancy way to say that we're hardwired to ascribe objective agency to the world - to think things happen for reasons.[/quote:sir4s5f1]I know this will sound slightly off in the head. But I really do not believe that anything happens for a reason. I do not believe in a past nor a future. I beleive all that happens is right now (really hard to explain sorry). For instance, right now I am typing this, but I could just as well bash my head through my monitor, or I could jump out my window. What I am trying to say is that I recognize all the junk put into me and I see the place society has made for me and I disregard it, I and everyone else can do anything if so inclined, though the man made boundaries of society may prove difficult to surpass. Well, I will agree that some things are so ingrained in our minds that to route them out would be nearly impossible. Ahh, to be normal would be nice. I am just a twenty-two year old hippie that listens to death metal, who believes that conciousness is the soul, and thinks that time does not exist. Some call me crazy. (/really crazy, maybe not on topic rant) view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown