Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

On The Warrior Prophet posted 16 February 2004 in Philosophy DiscussionOn The Warrior Prophet by LooseCannon, Peralogue

Back to the AI discussion (Sorry, I am a terrible philosopher):
One of my teachers last semester gave us an interesting final lecture on the state of computer technology and where it is headed in the next hundred years. According to Moore's law integrated circuits will continue to double in efficiency every year. While some argue that this theory is no longer valid the fact of the matter is that when you think about how fast a computer processor is now and you start doubling that capability and then doubling it again and again and again you are talking about incredible advancements. By the end of the 21st century some of the things we've seen in movies like the Matrix and other cheesy sci-fi movies will be reality. Also, with all the advancements in nanotechnology processors will finally have the ability to transfer data at speeds that compliment them. I think it is also going to reduce prices on many technological devices by a considerable margin. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown