Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Do you believe a God exists? posted 10 March 2008 in Philosophy DiscussionDo you believe a God exists? by jub, Peralogue

Quote: "anor277":s5vvgmiu

I did, for the sake of argument. [/quote:s5vvgmiu]
I'm not saying that God intercedes. So I'm not sure why you would throw that in.

Quote: "anor277":s5vvgmiu

Earlier, however, you made a claim that dozens of "logical" arguments could be proposed for God's pathological dislike of amputees and his stubborn intransigence with regards to answering their prayers. I asked you to voice one of them.[/quote:s5vvgmiu]

I made no such claim. You are putting words in my mouth. I never said this God dislikes amputees I also never said this God was stubborn or intransigent. A God that is stubborn? Kinda contradicts the idea of God.
However I did say there are dozens of logical arguments that could explain why a God would choose not to heal amputees, or in broader terms, why a God would choose not to intercede in our lives.
1.) It would destroy all the current belief systems as well as social order.
2.) If this God rewarded he would also have to punish in order to keep balance.

The link provided before is as useless attempt to hurt current religions and beliefs in a biblical God. It is a pointless rant, backed up by a biased view, by some atheist with a grudge. And please, for future discussion, can we refrain from using a bib lical account of God? It is flawed, we all know it, it's been known since antiquity. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown