Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Akka posted 17 September 2007 in The Thousandfold ThoughtAkka by Shell, Peralogue

Frankly, I can't even come up with a good reason as to why it bothers me. Maybe because neither Esmi or Kellhus really said "I'm sorry" Does Kellhus ever say he is sorry to anyone? I can't recall and instance, but neither really tried to make Akka feel better.

I would have thought Akka was dead too, and Esmi did wait for him to come back for several days.

Maybe I think Esmi didn't grieve long enough, maybe had she waited 6 or 9 months to jump in the sack I would feel differently.

When Akka asks "Why, why Esmenet", Kellhus just shrugged and said, "I took what was given" or something along those lines. Akka felt everyone looked upon him as a cuckculded (SP?) husband, and Kellhus never said "Hey, guys leave him alone" or "Akka, we really thought you were dead, and found comfort in each other".

But Esmi is not being manipulated to the point where she doesn't love Akka. The opposite of love is not hate, but indifference. And she clearly is not that towards Akka.

I really don't have a good answer as to why this bothers me so much. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown