Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Is Kelhus a criticism of Jesus/religion? posted 04 August 2007 in Author Q & AIs Kelhus a criticism of Jesus/religion? by Madness, Peralogue

It's wierd that lately I've been incited to post again, and disappointingly these little entries. In the past couple weeks I've expanded my already vast appreciation and understanding of life exponentially, and it's seeming hard to let some comments slide.

Firstly, in response to Cloust. Cû'jara Cinmoi does paint a cruel world, full of deceitful, remorseless representations of humanity. It is dark and due to his philosophical nature, he presents many imaginative and, perhaps to some, frightening aspects to behold. As he writes - not exactly but I believe it goes, "The philosopher is most lichenous for he lies with all things imaginable."

Two things that I think many people should realize reading any of Cû'jara Cinmoi's novels (I think Neuropath will hit these home harder) at a certain level of intelligence. He is writing to shock you, to tear away many of our foundational concepts on a human level. Again, I'd suggest that any curious simply read some of the man's interviews. However, things he suggests can terrify some as it can literally dissuade many of things that bind them to sanity and reality.

Likewise, however, you must realize reality and hold hope for our species, for humanity. As unlikely as some of you may believe, Cû'jara Cinmoi has an amazing belief in humankind and our potential. One of the many, and I am not nearly conceited enough to even begin to believe I can summarize the majority of what the man is writing, things Cû'jara Cinmoi is trying to achieve is to prove the frailties of many damaging "truths" that govern entire societies and subsequently humanity itself.

Love is not the only representation of our goodness though perhaps the best, and as dark as any artist can represent humanity is only equilivant to the potential of our light.

I'm somewhat ranting here as it's noisy around me at my sister's, and my nephew is grumpy and sick.

Lastly directed to Andrew, I'm sorry to write, bud, but what planet are you living on? The Three Seas is barely dark enough to parallel our own world. The majority of us on these forums live in the relative "safety" of North America though if you are sheltered enough to believe that the rest of the world, or even really our own countries, live in a beautiful bubble then you are sadly mistaken. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown