Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

No-God's questions posted 23 June 2007 in The Thousandfold ThoughtNo-God's questions by Nerdanel, Peralogue

I have an entirely different theory. I think the No-God is asking the questions, because he's been suddenly blinded and can't see what's in front of him.

Notice how the No-God's tornado ravages his own troops while the Sranc claw their eyes. I think Seswatha has cast a low-level blindness spell on all the gazillion Sranc present. IIRC Achamian casts just that spell while escaping the Scarlet Spires. I think the No-God was blinded since his carapace was opaque and he saw only through the eyes of his minions.

Translating the No-God's words:

WHAT DO YOU SEE?
"Describe me what you see, particularly where we are, where the enemy is, how their troops are arranged, if is anyone trying anything funny, that kind of thing."

I MUST KNOW WHAT YOU SEE.
"I can't target any of my doom spells if I don't know where the enemy is. We're in the middle of a battle, in the case you missed that little fact."

TELL ME.
"Once again, and I'm repeating this very slowly for you imbecilles, I need a description of the battlefield. Got it?"

WHAT AM I?
"Do you think I'm a fluffy bunny or something, instead of a great and terrible god that's going to damn all of you very soon now unless you obey me like good little slaves and beg for forgiveness?"

The No-God probably would have been able to do something to counter the Heron Spear if he hadn't been blind and had been able to see that it was about to be used. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown