Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Breaker of Horses and Men posted 02 May 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]Breaker of Horses and Men by Sokar, Auditor

See..here comes the difference between idolising someone to such an extent where you simply disagree with something bad being said about the character..even if grounded...
Anyway..the reason for Cnaiur not quesitoning this idealogy is because it is present in the acts of the Dunyain..at least that's how I see it in both actions of Kellhus and Moengus. And his military genius is evident from two aspects, again to me..first Kellhus wants to learn war through Cnaiur, not through Conphas, indeed perhaps because he knows how to manipulate him, whereas Conphas' vanity has always been an obstacle to that end... But also because he is of the People..they live war!
Second, there is a part I clearly remember where Caniur thinks to himself that if he would lead the battle of Kyuth? they would have won..but also Conphas himself acknowledges the strength of Cnaiur at a certain point to the end..when Caniur becomes his prisoner..where he laughs at him in disbelief that this man was the one he was afraid of..yet it is merely his vanity that takes over once again, rather the undestanding the circumstances... view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown