Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The Aspect-Emperor posted 02 April 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]The Aspect-Emperor by Jamara, Auditor

I have often pondered the same thing. I have come to three conclusions. The first is that the Pragma never intend to allow Kellhus to return. He was sent out to assassinate Moenghus because he was affecting their dreams. He was threatening to taint them and destroy their isolation. The purpose of the dreams was that Moenghus wanted his son.

Which brings me to my second point. Moenghus wanted Kellhus. The Pragma must have surmised that Kellhus would eventually become tainted, especially when confronting his father. And I am sure, as a thirty year old Dunyain, Kellhus had a very good idea that he would never return to Ishual.

My third conclusion was that either way, it really doesn't matter anymore. He has no plans to return to Ishual, so what does it matter if he can't. The only reprecussion would be if the Pragma sent an assassin.

However, there is an arguement here that the Pragma at least understand sorcery. Moenghus could only communicate in the dreams of Dunyain whom he knew, and knew where they slept. We know that all of those Dunyain that he contacted committed suicide after Kellhus left. At first I thought it was because they viewed themselves tainted. But now I'm wondering if they didn't kill themselves so that Moenghus could no longer communicate through their dreams. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown