Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Those flip flopping Nansurs... posted 27 March 2007 in The Thousandfold ThoughtThose flip flopping Nansurs... by Jamara, Auditor

I think that the Nansuri were more than willing to follow their Emperor in opposition of what they considered a False Prophet. It was the False Prophet who usurped the Holy War and then placed a Scylvendi dog to be their jailor. I think it's easy to see how they could be led to detest and attack the Holy War after that.

But then their Emperor allies himself with an ancient enemy. The Fanim. Enemies that many of these men had fought, whom their fathers had fought, and on back through their lines. I think the army was probably very disgruntled to learn that their new allies were a people they hated worse than the False Prophet.

And then to top it off, Achamian begins decimating their ranks. I can easily see how the Nansur soldiers thought they were being punished for their crimes. Perhaps the False Prophet wasn't a False Prophet and that they were facing damnation for allying with Heathens against a True Prophet.

I think they rode with Saubon for redemption. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown