Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Life and Death posted 26 March 2007 in Philosophy DiscussionLife and Death by Jamara, Auditor

"Curethan":p91kgj48
In the interests of hairsplitting - I think you will find that it is the theory of evolution, as a scientific law must proven by repeatable experiment and empirical data - which you can't do in this case. It certainly is widely accepted and consistent, and no scientificly acceptable theory opposes it, but a theory it remains.[/quote:p91kgj48]

But evolution is change. And it has been recorded. It has been recorded in the genetic changing of the length of Finch beaks. It has been recorded in the bioengineering of man in the breeding of horses, cows, tomatoes, wheat, pigs, dogs, cats, roses, etc... Evolution is the genetic change within a species or population. It happens and can not be denied. And that is all that evolution is. The theory of natural selection summises that through Darwin's Laws of Natural Selection, new species evolved from older species.

Quote:
Having rejected a world view as flawed, you abandon it and declare that any of its adherants are similarly flawed and are either stupid or weak because they cannot see what is clear to you. But perhaps you are wrong,

I never claimed to be right. I only claimed that people who let other people do the thinking for them are . . . Dee Dee Deees

the existence of a goddess,

I view the Goddess as the earth. All the biomass and all it's intrinsic parts. We all come from the Mother, and we all return to the Mother. We are all a part of the Mother. The biomass of the planet remains constant (space programs disregarded)

the soul

I view the soul as the driving force of living things not to decay. What is it that keeps our cells, our highly ordered components from breaking down? What is it that keeps them moving towards remaining alive. The soul. The soul is the unaccountable force which is resisting entropy.

Can you provide a scientific proof for any of these things? Or do you merely see their existance in the same way a christian might feel Jesus in their heart?

Actually it was several ecology and microbiology and genetics courses at Penn State which ultimately filled in the gaps of my beliefs. Seeing the intricacy of the ecological food web and the refinedness of the genetic pathways, and many other tangent nuances is what basically turned me from an agnostic to a pagan.

To judge others because of their beliefs

I'm not judging anyone's beliefs, just the mode by which they gain those beliefs. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown