Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Is the idea of a "god" inherent in our minds? posted 17 July 2004 in Philosophy DiscussionIs the idea of a "god" inherent in our minds? by drosdelnoch, Subdidact

But technically speaking were the ideology of god/s mainly brought to the fore in a way to control the masses?

The reason that I wonder this is that in the name of christianity the poor were always told that if they did what was required of them in the name of the church and thier sovereign then a place in heaven was assured, it mattered little that they had nothing, the thought that they gave what they could would assure them a place.

Its also quite easy to use the concept of a deity to launch the controling powers wars. IE, god is on your side, they are the devils children and will do evil things to you and yours if we dont stop them.

Looking at that realistically, it sounds much better than saying, right lads, theyre just like you, I want more of thier gold and lands so that Im better off, right, get em.

Probably gone off at a tangent but still a point that I think is worth mentioning. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown