Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

The Aspect-Emperor posted 23 March 2007 in The Great Ordeal [supposed]The Aspect-Emperor by Madness, Peralogue

It's been a number of weeks since I've had the time to relax at home; too long since I've posted extensively. Near the end of February I lost my internet for a number of weeks and found myself posting sporadic morsels while on breaks at work. It seemed déjà vu everytime I'd sit to post; I'd find my thoughts starting to flow, my mind bursting with speculations, only to have to return to the mundane art of cabinetry.

When myself and my home connection were reunited I thought I'd finally find more time to write and post. However, I soon became immersed in the search for a new home, a search that ended in the last couple days when I stumbled upon a cozy one bedroom apartment near my current one.

Once again, I'd thought my exclusion by ulterior influences at an end. I was quickly and forcibly dissuaded of the notion once my girlfriend and I brought a new feline into my home; which is no easy task with a previous resident cat. While they are still in seperate areas of the apartment, each happily secluded with the necessities and scratch towers, they've decided for the moment to cease attempted intrusions into the other's zone. I now take this opportunity, finally, to write of The Great Ordeal.

As always, no matter what my situation in the past, I've stopped in everyday over the past weeks to read through threads and posts that have caught my attention. Again, as always, there are more than a few that incite me to write, though unfortantly, I've restricted myself to this thread whilst I can post at all.

Once again, I'd like to thank Warrior-Poet for bringing the synopsis to our attention. I've since, and likely many of you have as well, discovered that the synopsis is from the [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk:2j2u6i9v]Amazon UK[/url:2j2u6i9v] website. Again, as many posters have suggested already, I think that we can look forward to a pre-March release of the novel with the exception of possible postponence.

I'm sad to admit that even the small glimpse into Eärwa c. 4132 Year-of-the-Tusk provided by the synopsis of The Great Ordeal completely obliterates many of my own speculations surrounding the initial pages of The Aspect-Emperor novels. However, I believe I have a better grasp on Cû'jara Cinmoi's direction and can now speculate more intelligently.

Throughout this and other threads regarding The Aspect-Emperor, I've maintained in my speculations that in a world as real as the one Cû'jara Cinmoi has created, future events could be discerned and would, inevitably, be decided by the personalities and relationships of his characters. I don't believe I'd suggested, as Curethan - in a fashion - asserted I did, that the events of the Second Apocalypse would mirror the First but that the personalities and relationships of the Second would mirror the First. Once again, I reiterate that I believed the parallels between Seswatha and Achamian, Kellhus and Celmomas II, and Esmenet's unborn child and Nau-Cayûti were evident and intentional.

My first insight, or rather, revelation provided the synopsis, due to lack of more appropriate words, completely floored me. While this is, of course, just speculation, I believe my own assertions regarding the parallels of relationships undone by this insight and furthermore, Curethan may just have to eat his... hat, I think you said?

As we all know, Cû'jara Cinmoi may write The Aspect-Emperor as a dualogy or a trilogy. As well, there is a third series to complete this tale of Eärwa, the title of which we are not yet privy to, which may also be a dualogy or trilogy. Anywhere between seven to nine books in total. Hense, came the revelation of The Aspect-Emperor series.

Anasûrimbor Kellhus is going to die.

I inferred this after reviewing the three possible ending of The Great Ordeal. Again, this is all just speculation and, even though I'll likely be mistaken again, I believe it's warranted.

- The holy war dubbed The Great Ordeal, proclaimed by The Aspect-Emperor Anasûrimbor Kellhus, travels north towards Golgotterath and the indomitable Consult. The Great Ordeal succeeds overcoming Golgotterath and the Inchoroi. With a possible three to five more books, we are left with the revelation that there is something worse than the Inchoroi.

- The Great Ordeal marches to Golgotterath and after the Third Great Investiture by Men the coalition of forces fragments; The Consult once again labours in peace to resurrect their vile lord.

- The Great Ordeal marches. Overcomes hordes of Sranc, Nonmen Erratics, and possibly even the Scylvendi. During the siege Anasûrimbor Kellhus is struck down by the servants of the Inchoroi. One of his children carries on his war.

Once again, I reiterate, these are only speculations. However, Kellhus dying leaves the story open for many possible plotlines.

I hate to cut this short but my friday night is coming through the apartment door on me. Friends come to celebrate.

I'm sad to read that for whatever reason, Achamian has become obsessed with the Dûnyain. It seems to me he, regardless of words stated and thoughts rehearsed at the end of The Thousandfold Thought, is as a bitter man whose love is perpetually stolen from him. However, I'll leave this and all above as food for thought.

Perhaps, if and when Anasûrimbor Kellhus dies, Achamian discovers the Dûnyain and entreats another to take on Kellhus's role of saviour.

Mithfânion - I hadn't read that before but thanks for the insight. I'd thought I'd covered most of White Lord's and Cû'jara Cinmoi's hash outs. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown