Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Mekeritrig posted 03 January 2007 in The Thousandfold ThoughtMekeritrig by Madness, Peralogue

I'm interested to see if anyone will actually reply to posts in this forum anymore.

Due to the holidays, I havn't been able to find time to just sit and write a post, though I did check in every now and again. Unfortunantly, I've come to find, even sitting here early this afternoon, that not one but Harrol has replied to a thread in the TTT forum since myself. Thankfully there looks to be no lack of readers so perhaps it's been the same for others as myself.

Today, if I manage to finish this post without falling asleep on my keyboard, I've decided to reply to this Mekeritrig thread as it's one I've wanted to reply to since my first days on the Three Seas forum.

Again, as it's especially relevant to this thread, I don't think many of the original posters are still actively writing in TTT forum so rather than direct my comments to the posts that originally incited me to write I'm just going to reply to the thread as a whole.

Just as a premise to the following, I think the main problem many of you encounter in your Mekeritrig speculation is mixed chronology. Not to say that Cû'jara Cinmoi's timeline is skewed, as anor suggested, but that many of you don't have a keen understanding of the timeline to begin with.

Cet'ingira:

What astounds me about Nonmen, though predominantly Cet'ingira as he is still prominent in Eärwa even in 4112 Year-of-the-Tusk, is that any living had been there the day Cû'jara Cinmoi laid Hanalinqû's corpse before the unholy Ark.

Cet'ingira then has walked Eärwa a very long time.

I'd come to assume, and now have learnt after stumbling upon it's entry in TTT Glossary, that the Breaking of the Gates marks 0 Year-of-the-Tusk. Before the Cûno-Halaroi Wars, the wars between Nonmen and Men, the Cûnoroi had waged a five century long war against the Inchoroi throughout Eärwa and for a fifth of a century throughout the Ark itself.

Cet'ingira himself was one of those Cûnoroi, whether he'd been born days before the Womb-Plague or was already an adult by Cûnoroi standards. We can assume he's been living for at least four and a half millennia warring against uncountable foes beside Cûnoroi, Man, and Consult.

In 777 Year-of-the-Tusk, Cet'ingira, Nonmen Quya, Siqu to King Carû-Ongonean of Ancient Umeria, and I assume long Erratic, revealed the glamour surrounding the Ark to the Gnostic sorcerers of the Mangaecca.

I keep kicking myself everytime I read the following quote by anor, or half quote as I've edited it a bit, about Mekeritrig's turning. For the life of me, I cannot find where I read it before. Perhaps, had I tackled this thread before the holidays, and subsequent holiday book purchases I made, I might have had an easier time finding it. However, post-holidays, I have about 9 unread books to read, though two have already been devoured. Metaphorically speaking anyhow. So my mind is not as attune to Mr. Bakker's world as it was.

It's also mentioned that the Inchoroi brothers seduced (their captor?) Mekeritrig who in turn revealed Min-Uroikas to the then grandmaster of the Mangaecca

Sometime between the beginning of the Cûnoroi-Inchoroi Wars and 777 Year-of-the-Tusk, Cet'ingira had an encounter with the Inchoroi, Aurang and Aurax. Apparently, he was their captor.

In 825 Year-of-the-Tusk the period of Norsirai-Cûnoroi trade ended and the Nonmen Siqu retreated to their Mansions. In the years between the Expulsion and the outlawing of Shaeönanra and the Mangaecca in 1123, we can assume that Cet'ingira was circulating between the Mansions and Min-Uroikas. Cet'ingira's influence on the Mangaecca and the Consult was likely invaluable, as he was obviously a remarkable Quya and warrior. The same goes for the timeframe between 1123 and Celmomas II's First Ordeal.

In my speculation it is at this time during either the first or Second Great Investiture, though I'm leaning towards the Second, that Mekertrig openly renounces his Mansion and Peoples for the Inchoroi and the Consult.

"I am a warrior of ages, Anasûrimbor . . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury."

My speculation is that when Mekeritrig meets Kellhus in the wilderness of Sobel, he is describing to Kellhus his desertion in the above quote. I speculate that during the Second Great Investiture, Mekeritrig was part of Nil'giccas's contingent. I have a vision in my head of Mekeritrig scaling Golgotterath in the lightning and rain, the twin horns of the Ark framing him, and upon reaching the ramparts, insteading of attacking, merely turns to Celmomas II and bows his chin to his shoulder before turning into his new Mansion as it were.

Anyhow, I'm don't mean to seemingly cut this post short or anything but I want to quickly read it over and finally post before I head out for the afternoon. Gotta book it to a buddies house, and then to work as usual. SSDD. Hope anyone reading out there enjoyed. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown