Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Eragon posted 01 January 2007 in Off-Topic DiscussionEragon by Anonymous, Subdidact

Ok,

I just wasted 103 minutes of my life and 9 of my hard-earned dollars on the movie Eragon... I have run across his books in the stores for the past year or so, and every time I pick one up to leaf through it, I get a bad taste in my mouth, and so have avoided buying any of them... I think it is the names he uses... It feels like he is ripping off names from authors who are actually good...

Anyway, my mind is now firmly made up that I will not be buying any of his books... Arg!!! That movie just made me mad. Should've known that a 19 year old kid couldn't be anything more than a try-hard paint-by-numbers wannabe hack! The kid just stole good parts of other people's books and mushed them together!

Now, the point of my whole post was to issue a big THANK YOU to Scott Bakker for writing such a refreshing and unique series of novels, actually worthy of the word 'novel'... The time, background knowledge, and research that you obviously put into your work definitely comes through in the reading... It is perhaps bad works of fiction like the Eragon series that makes one appreciate the good writing that is out there... I anxiously and eagerly await the arrival of 'The Aspect-Emperor' story arc...

So, in summary, save yourself $9 and don't go see Eragon... I felt embarassed for so many people while watching it, not the least of which were Jeremy Irons, and my fellow canuck Avril Lavigne, who got suckered into being involved in this movie...

I wish this Eragon kid-author had spent a few more moments pondering the repercussions of his borderline plagiarism in the empty darkness that came before his releasing such an abomination on the world. Hopefully there is a special place reserved for him in Golgotterath...

Peace out.

PS. Frick - The kid didn't even bother rearranging the letters in the character 'Arya' - He just stole it straight outta GRRM! Garrrrr!!!! Arg!!! And Galbatorix!!! All he did was take Galbadia from Final Fantasy and Vercingetorix, chieftain of the Gauls, and splice their names together...

Ok, I'm done now. Thanks for listening. Scott Bakker rules. Happy New Year all... view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown