Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Magic posted 04 February 2004 in Author Q & AMagic by Cu'jara Cinmoi, Author of Prince of Nothing

Hi Loosecannon. I knew I was going to get into trouble when you mentioned in an earlier post that you appreciated not getting a 'read and find out' response! Many particulars regarding the Schoolmen and their competing Metaphysics come to the fore in TWP, and I'm sure you despise spoilers more than 'read and find out!'

I can summarize the tidbits scattered through TDTCB, however.

The sorcery of the Three Seas, Anagogic (and Daimotic) sorcery, arose from its shamanistic roots without the benefit of the Quya, the Nonmen sorcerer caste, whose sorcery was ancient before the Tusk was even written. The Gnosis, the sorcery of the Ancient North, is the result of what was called the Nonman Tutelage, a period in ancient Norsirai history marked by cultural exchanges between Nonmen and Men. The Gnosis is simply what the Anagogis could be, if the proper conceptual leaps were made...

Differences between sorcerers sharing the same Metaphysics is determined in much the same way differences in any profession are: native ability, knowledge, training, and experience. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown