Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Scott Bakker ruined it for me. posted 13 November 2006 in Off-Topic DiscussionScott Bakker ruined it for me. by Mahajanga Mordecai, Auditor

Quote: "Harrol":3h77aj4g
I do not know if anyone else has this problem but I can not read much fantasy anymore after reading the PON series. The only other fantasy writer I enjoy nowadays is G R R Martin. Is there anyone else out there plagued by the same problem?[/quote:3h77aj4g]

YES!!! I just entered this realm of literature (a couple of years ago) and was blown away by Scott's work! So I figured - in between each book - that I'd find other fantasy works and be equally riveted... NOT! Not Martin, not Erickson, not Rawn, not... whomever else I've read and either hated or thought little more than Scott-wannabees (despite the fact that Scott is apparently the new kid on the block). I can't read any more of this stuff and like it!

Plus I feel very uncomfortable picking up books with dragons, men with flaming swords and scantilly clad women on the cover. I used to make fun of you people... know I'm turning into you - AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Scott sucks. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown