Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

No-God's questions posted 29 October 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtNo-God's questions by zarathustra, Peralogue

Quote: "Incu-Pacifico":3pje9bd0

a) He repeats the words of Celmonas in Akka's modified dreams. Of course, we're left wondering if the original dreams were true or if the new dreams are a lie
[/quote:3pje9bd0]

I am not sure which part of the books you are refering to here. Celmonas only appears in one scene towards the start of Prince of Nothing. But I don't have the book any more.
We have indeed spent much time discusses the No-God and how much he is a conscious entity.
As Mr Bakker has spoken of the No-God planning various battlefield tactics such as the sparing of the two Northern cities in order to preserve his few sorcerous then I think this shows some form of self awareness.
On the other hand a computer can make tactical descions but is not in any way self aware.
Speculating further I wonder if the No-God is actually afraid when taking the battlefield. We know that he has avoided this up until the desisive battle. So does the No-God feel emotions if so this would be another key part in understanding the creature.
Possible further clues could come from reading Daniel Dennets book Consciosness Explained which I know has influenced the author. But I haven't got round to reading it yet nor am likely to. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown