Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

No-God's questions posted 29 October 2006 in The Thousandfold ThoughtNo-God's questions by Incu-Pacifico, Peralogue

Quote: "Warrior-Poet":2x8v2dxs
I think the lack of awareness is a good possibility but it seems a little to simple for Bakkers ideas, I feel as though their needs to be something deeper.[/quote:2x8v2dxs]

The No God is most definitely self aware. However, beyond that, we know nothing. Here are some of the clues:

a) He repeats the words of Anaxophus in Akka's modified dreams. Of course, we're left wondering if the original dreams were true or if the new dreams are a lie

b) His words are repeated by the Sranc in unison.

c) WHAT AM I? WHAT DO YOU SEE? This is a confused and blind creature, but NOT a creature who is not self aware. He *is* self aware.

So what can we conclude based on these clues? Not much. The No God is somehow connected to the Sranc and possibly even to mankind (e.g. Anaxophus), but completely unware of what he is or even able to see (which caused many readers to incorrectly conclude that he isn't self aware). He is the ultimate creation of the Inchoroi, but his exact nature isn't explained yet. He's definitely one of Bakker's more interesting enigmas.

Edit: Changed Celmonas reference to Anaxophus. Doh! view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown