Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Drug Legalization posted 08 July 2004 in Philosophy DiscussionDrug Legalization by Grantaire, Moderator

I certainly don't think that drugs such as heroin, cocaine, etc should be legalized, because they are extremely damaging. Drugs that are weaker such as marijuana- maybe. As was said above, if people saw what it could really do to people in their lives, that would act as a better deterent than any propaganda. Additionally, taxing the hell out of anything legalized would increase revenue, and hopefully make it not as desirable.

I don't see why some drugs (again, think marijuana) are illegal, when there are drugs such as alcohol and tobacco that are currently legal. Alcohol causes everything from car accidents to bar fights, as well as severe health problems in the long run, and tobacco is eventually deadly.

I think that all drug use is bad, but I think that by legalizing some of the weaker ones, we could try to get some good out of it.

Larry, your story was very sad, but it goes with what I said- if the drug use on her part led to no one being able to stand her, isn't that a lesson to your whole family: don't do drugs, they can mess up your life just like that.

However, I don't really know. As I said, I have those mixed thoughts, I need to study the issue more indepth. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown