Three Seas Forum

the archives

dusted off in read-only

•  

Took me a bit...l posted 02 July 2006 in The Darkness That Comes BeforeTook me a bit...l by FizbansTalking_Hat, Commoner

So, I'm new to the site, hello. I registered for this site a couple of months ago, when I picked up the trilogy, but I haven't had time to really get into the book.

Basically I wanted to comment on the fact that it took me a bit to get into this story. I picked it up a few months back when I had time and read the first 70 pages and then put it down b/c it was a lot to take in at once. I'm used to complex story lines, as some of my favorite authors and worlds are: George R.R. Martin (ASOIAF), Steven Erikson (Malazan), so it's not that I didn't understand what was going on in the book or what was being told to me. Alot of it was a mystery that I can tell you have to put together yourself, but for some reason it took me a few tries to get into this series properly. I'm now past page 100 and it's starting to pick up, I'm seeing threads being formed.

Just something I wanted to say, don't know if you felt the same way at all, and I look forward to posting here more often. Cheers. view post

•  

The Three Seas Forum archives are hosted and maintained courtesy of Jack Brown